Phone: (832) 444-5630
Birth Fee: $450 to $2250
Fee Details: First visit is free with no commitment. Fee varies depending on package choices. Payment plans available. Scholarships available.
Services include a minimum of three prenatal visits (no maximum), full emotional and informational support throughout pregnancy via phone, email, etc., full support during active labor and delivery up to four hours after delivery (depending on need), non-judgmental feeding support, at least one post-natal visit (up to 3) and continuous emotional and informational support as long as is needed. Access to longterm postpartum support groups – in person and virtual. Access to social network. Subscription to informational monthly emails. Access to secret Facebook support group. Amazing back-up doulas at the ready. Support plan for alternative birthing methods (cesarean, unplanned epidural, transfers, etc..).
Clients also receive access to my entire lending library and my network of resources.
Platinum Doula Package
- $2000, includes everything above
- $300 – group setting – 4 week series of general childbirth education
- $500 – private setting
- $250 – two day group intensive
- Generalized childbirth education with a focus on patient empowerment. All classes are tailored to your needs, conducted either in my office or your home. Prices vary depending on structure and setting.
- available to doula clients only
Birth Plan Counseling Session
- Up to 4 hours of my time to explain and create your perfect plan. Includes counseling on how to communicate with medical staff, how to navigate interventions and how to decide when to go to your birthing location.
On Call Virtual Doula
- Want someone to be available to answer your questions but don’t need the physical presence of a labor doula? No prenatals necessary?I will be on call to answer your questions prenatally and during your labor. Limited to 6 total hours of my time, additional fees once you exceed that. Most people find 8 hours more than enough to get all their questions answered. $100 per hour after 6 hours.
Scholarships available for qualifying individuals – request application.
Area of Practice: Spring, TX
Travel Range: 100 miles
Travel Comments: For long distances (over 60 miles roundtrip) – a travel fee will be added
Birth Doula Experience: 18 years and over 1,000 births attended
Birth Doula Certification: ALACE (Association of Labor Assistants and Childbirth Educators), Labor Enabler Doula Certification
Type of Practice: Partnership with 2 or more doulas at TLC Doula Group www.tlcdoulagroup.com
Clients per Month: 1 to 6
Attends hospital births? All Hospitals
I specialize in negotiating hospital births.
Attends birth center births? All Birth Centers
I attend at all birth centers in and around Houston.
Attends home births? Any Home Birth
I attend home births in and around Houston.
Childbirth Education Certifications: Rebel Birth Childbirth Education Cerified, Labor Enabler Childbirth Education series, trained Hypno Doula, working knowledge of the Bradley Method, Lamaze, Birthing From Within and Hypnobirthing/babies
Other Relevant Certifications: Trained with Birth Arts International Labor Doula Program, Advanced Positioning and Rebozo Training, Aromatherapy, Advanced Hospital Bed Positioning, Labor Massage Training, Spinning Babies, optimal fetal positioning and Breech experience, Trained Accupressure Doula, Orgasmic Birth Training
College Education: BA/BS
Specialized Training and Previous Experience:
- Over 40
- Families conceiving with ART and IVF
- Home Birth
- Clients on bed rest
- LGBTQ Families
- Relinquishing mothers
- Special needs babies
- Postpartum mood disorders
- High risk
- Expected stillbirth
- Single parents
- Cesarean birth
- Survivors of childhood sexual abuse
- Survivors of Previous Life Trauma
- Domestic Violence
- Addiction Recovery
Special Services Offered:
- Placenta encapsulation
- Mother blessing celebrations
- TENS units rental
- Acupressure and/or acupuncture in labor
- Belly casting
- Babywearing education
- Baby-led weaning
- Reduced rates for military members/spouses
- Reduced rates for women considering adoption
- Sibling support (for your older children at the birth)
- Miscarriage Support (Before, During or After)
- Abortion Support
Relevant Volunteer and Advocacy Work: I volunteer with Operation Special Delivery. Volunteer Childbirth Education course. I continue to provide low cost and free births for young mothers, single mothers and families with special circumstances (must meet certain standards), founding member of both Rebel Birth Education and Resource Haven and TLC Doula Group: Houston’s oldest doula cooperative.
Languages Spoken: English